Spicy Sausage & Mushroom Spaghetti - Beginner
SPICY SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI
This one can be as easy or complex as you'd like. You can make your own dough and turn it into noodles; along with making a homemade pasta sauce which would elevate this to an expert level recipe. You can just as easily pick up some box spaghetti and sauce at the store. I really love the combination of Italian sausage and mushroom with the Arbol. For the picture above, I used a local sauce I swapped for at the Farmers Market where we both are vendors. It was amazing and fresh! Accompanies with some hot garlic bread and it absolutely hit the spot.
1 small box spaghetti pasta (although really most kinds will work)
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 container of mushrooms
1 lb ground Italian sausage (pork or turkey)
Pinches of salt, pepper, garlic salt and parsley
1 French Loaf of bread
1 stick of butter
3 garlic cloves diced
Summer Camp Sauces Chile Arbol
1. Cook the spaghetti to specs on the box. If homemade, follow the recipe but typically the boil time is fairly low
2. While the water is coming to a boil, cook the sausage on a skillet with a little olive or cooking oil. Season the sausage with the pinches of season above.
3. Add the mushrooms to the skillet with the sausage and cook until soft and they appear slippery.
4. Once the spaghetti is cooked to desired doneness, strain it and set it aside. You will use stock pot to combine all the ingredients later.
5. Add the contents of the skillet, the jar of sauce and a liberal amount of Summer Camp Chile Arbol sauce to the pot you used to boil the pasta. Heat that on medium until it starts to lightly bubble.
6. While the sauce mixture is heating up, cut your french loaf in half. Melt the stick of butter with the diced garlic together in the microwave or on the stove top. Spread the melted butter and garlic combo over the top of both loaves of the cut bread.
7. Set the oven to Broil, and put the garlic bread in the oven until it's golden on top. (Typically 5-7 minutes, but sometimes longer)
8. While the bread is in the oven, add the spaghetti noodles back to the pot and mix it all together. Once the bread is done, take it out and slice it. That way everything will be warm when its time to eat!
Don't forget to top your garlic bread with some Arbol as well!