Slow Cooked Pork Sammies - Beginner
SLOW COOKED PORK SAMMIES
This one is as amazing as it is easy! It uses pork but you can easily do the same thing with chicken, beef or anything else you can slow cook and pull apart. I will usually do this on my smoker in my backyard but this slow cooker recipe is just as good. If you dont want to use the carbs, use the pork and pepper combo on a salad or over Cauli-Rice.
3-4lbs Pork Shoulder cut into sections (Carnitas Meat works perfect for this)
1 Yellow or White Onion chopped
2 Cups Peppers chopped (I use sweet peppers, but any pepper will work!)
2 Cloves Garlic diced (Can use the squeeze or dried options for more ease)
Dusting of Salt and Pepper for your tastes
1 4oz or 8oz Bottle of Summer Camp Sauces Jamaican Jerk
1. Combine pork, onion, peppers, garlic and seasoning in a slow cooker.
2. Top the exposed pork with the jerk sauce as shown below. You can also use a combo of 2 tbsp jerk sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsbp chicken stock, 1 tbsp squeezable ginger mixed together to save some sauce.
3. Cook on High for 4-6 Hours or Low 8-12 Hours in your slow cooker. If you have one that does combo High/Low - do High for 3 and Low for 12 (however would likely be ready after total of 7 hours). You can check on it periodically to see if the pork is tender enough to pull.
4. Once the pork is ready, take out it from the slow cooker and pull it apart. Take out the onions and peppers as well. Top the meat with some remaining liquid in the crockpot. (see photo below)
5. Time to build your sandwich! I usually put down a slice of cheese and place the pork on top of it. Top the pork with the pepper/onion combo and drench it in Jamaican Jerk sauce. Then put undressed slaw and pickle to top it off.
Good news is you can build it out however you want! Dont like pickle or slaw? Take it off! Want the coolness of dressed coleslaw? Toss it on! Want it a little hotter? Use jalapeno or habanero instead of the sweet peppers!