Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit - Beginner
BACON, EGG & CHEESE BISCUIT
This one is less of a recipe and more of a game changer. This is intended to spice up your basic bacon, egg & cheese biscuit with some nice flavor. Whether you make it at home, or pick one up on the go - adding the Honey Garlic Habanero sauce gives it a welcome balance of savory and heat with a little bit of sweet. It also goes great with Sausage or No Meat options as well.
1 Can of Southern Style Biscuits (or you can do homemade which is a whole other convo)
1 pack of sliced cheese (I use American for the melting, but any will do)
8-10 strips of bacon
2 Tbsp cup half & half
1. Cook up the biscuits to specs on the can. Be careful not to overdo it on time in oven. Burnt biscuit bottoms are no one's friend.
2. While the oven is preheating, cook up the bacon in a skillet to your desired crispiness
3. Remove the bacon and either pour the grease out or leave some grease for the eggs
4. Whisk together eggs and half & half. Add some salt/pepper for flavor and cook them in the skillet.
5. Once the biscuits are hot out of the oven, it's time to build your biscuit. I prefer the cheese, egg then bacon stack for maximum cheese melt and flavor capture. However, any way will get the job done.
6. As you stack, top the egg layer with SCS Honey Garlic Habanero. Complete the stack and enjoy!!
***If you really want to dive deeper into flavor combinations. Add Grape Jelly to the top biscuit layer. Obviously not for everyone, but don't knock it till you try it!