Ahi Tuna Tacos - Intermediate
AHI TUNA TACOS
While I believe any of my sauces are great on tacos, this one is geared towards the heat! I was always skeptical of seafood tacos but the truth is, I just hadn't found the right combination. This Ahi Tuna taco has all the different texture and flavor combinations you need. Typically you can find the tuna steaks in the fresh or frozen seafood section of your grocery store. The frozen ones are definitely cheaper!
2 small Ahi Tuna Steaks
Salt and corse pepper on the steaks
2 tbsp butter or oil
Jalapeños (pickled or fresh)
Pico de gallo
Cilantro (optional - you either love it or you hate it)
Summer Camp Sauces Carolina Reaper
Sour Cream or Crema
1. In a skillet, heat butter or oil to a medium high heat. While that is heating up, season the ahi tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Sear the tuna leaving the middle pink. This is usually only about 3-4 minutes per side depending on how hot the skillet is.
3. Once your tuna is to the desired doneness, pull it off and thinly slice it.
4. Heat up your corn tortillas on a separate skillet on the stove. To keep them soft, put them in a tortilla warmer or cover them with aluminum foil while they are on a paper towel.
5. Now its time to build your taco. This is my favorite combinations but consider it a blank canvas and enjoy. Just make sure you top it with the Carolina Reaper sauce. Guaranteed to spice up your meal!